Valparai, the Abode of Nature
Valparai is a beautiful Hill Station in Tamil Nadu free from all pollution to spend a holiday either with family or with friends. It is located 3500 feet from the sea level on the Annamalai mountain range on the western ghats and offers many places of scenic beauty. It is also known as the 7th heaven. A photographer can enjoy clicking several beautiful photographs of the breathtaking sceneries here.
Things to Do at Valparai
- Walking through the ever green plantations.
- Visit Aliyar Dam at the foothills of this hill station, with the Annamalai Mountain at the background.
- Visit Loams view point located at the 9th hairpin bend to view the Aliyar Dam. Monkeys and Nilgiri Tahrs are found here.
- On the way to this hill station, you can see the Thalnar valley, which is undoubtedly beautiful.
- Visit Sholay Dam, situated 20 kms away from Valparai. This is the second deepest dam of Asia and has a height of 160 feet. Spend some breath taking moments at this well maintained and beautiful place.
- Visit Annamalai Wildlife Sanctuary - You may be able to find elephant, gaur, deer, panther, porcupine, flying squirrel, rocket tailed drongo, green pigeon etc.
- Visit Nallamudi view point, the highest view point there - to spend some amazing moments
- For adventurous people, Valparai is an ideal location for trekking.
- For less adventurous people, cycling can be enjoyed at its best here.
- Stroll through the vast Tea Estate.
Accommodation - There are many homestays, cottages, tree houses and hotels available in and around this hill station.
Distance from Coimbatore - about 90 kms
Distance from Bangalore - 455 kms
Interested to visit here? Check out for more details here.
The stunning Athirapalli waterfall is located about 55 kms away from here.
Back to Tamil Nadu
Back to Hillstations of South India
Back to Homepage