Kerala Chicken Stew Recipe
Chicken stew Recipe is a tasty and delicious dish of South India. It goes very well with Kerala breakfast item Appam, puttu etc. Also it is also good with bread, poori, chapathi etc. Even with rice it goes well. Likewise, Mutton Stew also goes well with the above items.
How to Prepare Chicken Stew?
- Chicken medium pieces - 500 gm
- Potato cubes - 1 cup
- Carrot cubes - 1 cup
- Tomato chopped - 1/2 cup
- Onion chopped - 1/2 cup
- green chillies - (cut lengthwise) - 4 Nos.
- Garlic pieces (cut lengthwise) - 1/2 tbsp.
- Ginger pieces - 1/2 tbsp.
- Thick coconut milk - 1 cup (1st extract)
- Thin coconut milk - 2 cups (2nd extract)
- Curry leaves - 3 bunches
- Cooking oil - 2 tbsp.
- Salt as required
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon - 1 piece
- Cardamom - 5
- Cloves - 5
- Pepper - 1 tsp.
- Bay leaf
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp.
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp.
Method of Preparation
- Keep the pan on the stove, and add oil.Add cinnamom, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf and pepper and stir.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, green chillis, tomato, and curry leaves. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and stir well. Add thin coconut milk and cook with lid for 10 minutes.
- Add potato pieces and carrot pieces.
- Add the powdered spices, and stir well. Add salt and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid. If it is too watery cook for few more minutes without lid.
- Put off the stove and add the thick coconut milk. Stir well.Add lime juice and stir well, and cover it up for few minutes.
- Now your tasty chicken stew recipe is ready.
Return from Chicken Stew Recipe to South India Recipes