Mutton Stew Recipe
Mutton Stew Recipe is an important part of Kerala Cuisine especially during Christmas. Some people prefer Chicken Stew Recipe. Both are very tasty and delicious.
How to make Mutton Stew Recipe?
The following items are required -
- Chopped Onion - 2 medium size
- Thick Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Thin Coconut milk - 2 cups
- Small Ginger pieces- 1/2 tbsp.
- Small Garlic pieces - 1/2 tbsp.
Method of Preparation
- Add oil to the heated pan on the stove.
- Add garam masalas, (cloves, cardamom and cinnamom), mutton, green chillies, pepper corns, ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the thin coconut milk, and salt and cook for 10 minutes, with lid.
- Add potato cubes and carrot cubes, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add 2 bunches of curry leave and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the thick coconut milk, stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- Seasoning the Stew is optional.Even without seasoning, the stew will be tasty. But some people prefer seasoned stew.
- Keep a pan on the stove and add 1 tbsp. oil.
- Add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add chopped onion pieces.
- Add curry leaves, and saute for a minute.
- Add the whole thing to the stew.
- If you are not seasoning the stew, add 1-2 tsp.coconut oil on top of it.
- Coconut milk can be obtained by extracting from coconut scrapings or can use ready made coconut powder.
Return to South India Cuisine