Kochi Things To Do - There are several things you can do while you are in Cochin (Kochi), fondly called as the Queen of Arabian Sea, located at Kerala, in the southern part of India.
During the ancient period, Arabs, Chinese, Dutch, British and Portuguese had traded relations with Kochi. It is one of the seaports of India and also one of the popular destinations of India.
What are Kochi things to do in Kerala?
1. Watch a sunset at the Arabian Sea strolling along the popular Marine Drive in a cool breeze. Also watch the sea and backwaters merging into one. It is a beautiful scene which you can't find in many places.
2. Take a leisure walk through the streets of Kochi to know more about the city, but don't get attracted by the strangers offering voluntary help.
3. Visit the well known shopping malls and handicraft centres for your shopping like kathakali masks, wood carved snake boats, elephants, jewelry boxes and more. Also visit the Spice Market.
4. Try the Kerala delicacies for breakfast - lacy appam, Uppuma, iddli, puttu, masala dosa etc. The accompanying curry may be a bit hot in some restaurants, but you will be able to manage it.
5. Refresh yourself with a sip of cool tender coconut- nature's rejuvenating nectar - and a scoop of its soft white flesh, Nutrition at its natural best.
6. Embark on an enchanting journey in the backwaters on a kettuvallom-fully furnished traditional rice boats and enjoy the special backwater delicacies.
7. Watch the fishermen tugging at the huge Chinese nets with their rich haul.
8. Gift yourself with a traditional ayurvedic massage by specially trained masseurs in Cochin (Kochi).
9. Watch a traditional dance performance like Kathakali dance and Mohiniyattam dance at the Kerala Folklore Theatre, in the evening which will provide you with a glimpse of the culture of Kerala.
10 Visit the beautiful Paradesi Synagogue and observe its architecture.
11. Explore the city in an autorickshaw, a three wheeled taxi painted yellow and black. It can take you through the narrow roads to show various markets and other places.
12. Embark on a walking tour of Fort Kochi where bastions, churches and mansions built by the British, Dutch and the Portuguese, 500 years ago will greet you. Read more about Cochin.
Return To Kerala