Rice dosa is another common breakfast of South India. There are different types of dosas such as rawa dosas, masala dosas, onion dosas, dal dosas etc. But, this plain dosas is famous in almost all parts of South India.
Items required to make Rice Dosa
- Par boiled rice 2 cups
- Black gram dal 1 cup
- Fenugreek 1 tsp.
- Baking soda 1/4 tsp.
Method of Preparation
- Soak the rice and black gram separately for about 3-4 hours. Fenugreek (methi) may be added with blackgram dal for soaking.
- Grind rice separately, to a smooth consistency, and keep the batter in a medium vessel.
- Grind blackgram dal and fenugreek to a fine and smooth consistency.
- Mix both the batters well, and add salt. Keep it to ferment for about 10-12 hours.
- In summer, there is no need to add baking soda. Even without its use, the batter will ferment. But in winter, the batter may need baking soda to ferment.
- When it is time to use, just stir the batter to check the consistency. If necessary add a little water to get a loose consistency.
- Keep the dosa tawa on the stove. Smear it with a bit of oil.
- Pour the batter onto the dosa tawa and spread it evenly.
When it is cooked turn it and let the other side too cook crisp.
- Remove it from the pan and eat it with chutney.
Return from Rice Dosa to South Indian Cuisine