Tomato Rice Recipe
Tomato Rice is a tasty and easy recipe. It is convenient to pack to the children and office goers.
- Cooked Rice - 4 cups
- Tomato - 2 (medium size)
- Onion - 1 big
- Green chilly - 1 No
- Cooking oil - 1 tbsp.
- Mustard - 1/2tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 bunch
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbps.
- Heat up a thick bottomed pan and add oil. Add mustard seeds.
When the seeds splutter add tur dal, and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion pieces and saute for about two minutes.
- Add tomato pieces, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Once it becomes a thick paste add the cooked rice and mix well.
- After about 3 minutes, remove from the fire and add coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Interested in Indian Recipes? Download Instantly - I000 Indian Recipes
Return from Tomato Rice to South Indian Cusine