There are several things you can do while you are in Cochin (Kochi), fondly called as the Queen of Arabian Sea, located at Kerala, in the southern part of India.
During the ancient period, Arabs, Chinese, Dutch, British and Portuguese had traded relations with Kochi. It is one of the seaports of India and also one of the popular destinations of India.
1. Watch a sunset at the Arabian Sea strolling along the popular Marine Drive in a cool breeze.Also watch the sea and backwaters merging into one.
2. Walk through the streets of Fort Kochi to know more about the city.
3. Visit the well known shopping malls and handicraft centres for your shopping like kathakali masks, wood carved snake boats, elephants, jewelry boxes and more. Also visit the Spice Market.
4. Try the Kerala delicacies for breakfast - lacy appam, Uppuma, iddli, puttu, masala dosa etc.
5. Refresh yourself with a sip of cool tender coconut- nature's rejuvenating nectar - and a scoop of its soft white flesh, Nutrition at its natural best.
6. Embark on an enchanting journey in the backwaters on a kettuvallom-fully furnished traditional rice boats and enjoy the special backwater delicacies.
7. Watch the fishermen tugging at the huge Chinese nets with their rich haul.
8. Gift yourself with a traditional ayurvedic massage by specially trained masseurs.
9. Watch a traditional dance performance like Kathakali dance and Mohiniyattam dance at the Kerala Folklore Theatre, in the evening.
10 Visit the beautiful Paradesi Synagogue.
11. Explore the city in an autorickshaw, a three wheeled taxi painted yellow and black.
12. Embark on a walking tour of Fort Kochi where bastions, churches and mansions built by the British, Dutch and the Portuguese, 500 years ago will greet you.Read more about Cochin