South India Buzz Newsletter- 24 Sept 2011,Issue 25 ==============================================
A cheerful welcome to the new members of "South India Buzz" Newsletter about South India tourism related news.
Thank you for agreeing to receive this information. You have been listed as a subscriber to this ezine. If you do not wish to continue receiving this information, there is an unsubscribe link below.
In this Issue:
3. Editor's Note
I found some uplifting and thought provoking Quotations. Hope you too will enjoy these.
# We must be the change we wish to see. - Mahatma Gandhi
# Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. - Lanston Hughes
# There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way. - Christopher Morley
# Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one a second time. - Josh Billings
# By associating with wise people you will become wise yourself. - Menander
# Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true. - Leon J. Suenes
# Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action. - Benjamin Disraeli
2. News : I found some interesting news on the internet. If you haven't seen them, some of these might be of interest to you.
- Sep 22: The Dasara Gold Card, which confers a slew of privileges to the buyers during Dasara festivities, was released by Karnataka Minister for Medical Education. This includes free admission for two persons to places of tourist interest in Mysore and free admission to venues of cultural programmes, apart from discounts at specified rates at various outlets on purchase of select artefacts and rebate on room rent and restaurant charges in participating hotels.
- Sep 20 : The Cauvery 'Thirthodbhava', the oozing of water that happens once in a year at Shri Kundike the birth place of river Cauvery at Thalacuavery in Kodagu district, will take place on October 17 morning during 'Mithuna lagna' during Thula sankramana.
- Sep 20 : The 9-day annual 'Karthika Brahmotsavams' of Sri Padmavathi Ammavaru Temple at Tiruchanoor will be from November 21.
- Sept. 17 - The World's biggest "Pookalam of 20,000 sq ft "(floral carpet) and biggest" Pandhal of 40,000 sq ft" (tent) without pillars were set up at Kannur, with 20 tonnes of flowers. The "Giant Pookalam," which was designed by artist Sasikala, measuring 20,000 sq ft. It was created within 45 minutes by around 1500 people mainly NCC, NSS, Scouts and guides.
- Sept 14 - Tour and travels firm Travel Corporation (India) Limited (TCI) launched its luxury train journeys -- The Indian Maharaja-Deccan Odyssey which will conduct tour of multiple destinations across India.
- Sept 1: Low-cost carrier IndiGo launched its maiden international flight from the national capital to Dubai, becoming only the fourth Indian low-cost carrier to operate overseas services.
3. Editor's Note:
This is festival time in India. This month (September) People of South India celebrated "Ganesh Chaturthi" on the 1st and Keralites celebrated their festival "Thiruvonam" in all its splendor, on the 9th. The upcoming festivals are Birthday of Amrithanandamayai, popularly known as Amma, on the 27th Sept and 28th Sept onwards Navaratri festival starts, followed by Dasara. Then comes Deepavali on the 26th of Oct.
If you love enchanting-south-india-vacations.com please support us by clicking on the "like" button,on the South India Vacations Facebook page
My debut novel "The Second Choice" was released in July 2011. It is the heart warming story of a South Indian couple. If you like reading novels please buy this book and read.
If you're interested you can take a look at my other site on travel Memorable Family Vacations
Please feel free to forward this ezine in its
entirety to any friends or colleagues who may
find it useful. Thanks for helping us grow!
Copyright and Publisher Info
"South India Buzz" is copyright 2011 by the author.
No part of this publication may be reproduced
without consent from the publisher.
Hope you enjoyed reading this Newsletter.
Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. Please
remember to check the website regularly as new
articles will be added periodically. If you like
the website, and find it useful please click the "Like" button on top.
Have a great day!!!!
All the best,