South India Buzz Newsletter- 3 Dec 2011,Issue 26 ==============================================
A cheerful welcome to the new members of "South India Buzz" Newsletter about South India tourism related news.
Thank you for agreeing to receive this information. You have been listed as a subscriber to this ezine. If you do not wish to continue receiving this information, there is an unsubscribe link below.
In this Issue:
3. Xmas Deals
I found some uplifting and thought provoking Travel Quotations. Hope you too will enjoy these.
- “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
- “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” – Dagobert D. Runes
2. News : I found some interesting news on the internet. If you haven't seen them, some of these might be of interest to you.
- Kerala inaugurated Grand Kerala Shopping Festival (GKSF).
During the 46-day-shopping festival, a total of 101 Kg of gold would be given as prizes to customers through their purchase.
- The Pongala festival in Chakkulathukavu Sri Bhagavathi temple at Neerattupuram near Thiruvalla in Alappuzha district, will be held on December 9.
- The Southern Railway announced special trains to clear the extra rush of passengers during the ensuing Winter Season.
- The Government of India has provided Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVOA) facility for the citizens of 11 countries viz. Japan, Singapore, Finland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar and Indonesia for promotion of tourism in the country.
- India's longest train service, Vivek Express, linking Northeast India with South India, commenced from 26th November.
- The Indian Railways modified the tatkal ticket booking for reservation reducing the advance reservation period (arp) to one day from existing two days aiming to stop the misuse of the scheme.
- A new train, Intercity Express, between Mangalore Central and Palakad Junction was flagged off by Union Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa on Nov.18.
- The Hindu Dharma Prachara Parishat(HDPP) wing of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams(TTD) will be organising a three-day Geetha Jayanthi Utsavam in the temple town starting December 4.
- A unique temple (Chilkur Balaji Temple, built 500 years ago) situated close to Hyderabad, is attracting devotees, as there is a belief that offering prayers to the deity would fulfil their wish of obtaining visas to travel abroad.
Read - full story
New Deals for Christmas
Get 10% off any purchase of $100 or more at FansEdge.com. Use Code: FEDECMBR
Christmas Central Cyber Monday Sale! Save up to 90% on Select Items.
Get Free Ground Shipping with coupon code FREEGROUNDSHIP1234
If you love enchanting-south-india-vacations.com please support us by clicking on the "like" button,on the South India Vacations Facebook page
My debut novel "The Second Choice" is the heart warming story of a South Indian couple. If you like reading novels please buy this book and read. You can also read my interview with Museindia.
If you're interested you can take a look at my other site on travel Memorable Family Vacations
Please feel free to forward this ezine in its
entirety to any friends or colleagues who may
find it useful. Thanks for helping us grow!
Copyright and Publisher Info
"South India Buzz" is copyright 2011 by the author.
No part of this publication may be reproduced
without consent from the publisher.
Hope you enjoyed reading this Newsletter.
Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. Please
remember to check the website regularly as new
articles will be added periodically. If you like
the website, and find it useful please click the "Like" button on top.
Have a great day!!!!
All the best,